Sunday, February 10, 2013

circle circle dot dot

button up | lands' end - similar, sweater | old navy
skirt | thrifted, tights | charlotte russe - similar
jacket | forever 21
I'm working on expanding my personal style and so one of the things I'm trying to do is not style pieces in the same manner all the time.  For example, this sweater is new and my first thought was to pair it with my mint pants.  I always think sweaters need to be worn with pants and so I started looking at my skirts. I love this one that I thrifted ($3!!), but it's a little big on me so it sits lower than it was originally designed.  Once I pulled the sweater on over the skirt it looked fine.  I decided to layer and worried that the pink might be too much color, but ended up really liking the pop it gives to the outfit.

And for the sake of consistency - polka dot tights, probably my favorite "trendy" item that I've purchased recently.

Linking up with Molly and Carly for #YOLOMonday

8 comments:

  1. I love the sweater and necklace, so pretty! What a find on the skirt too!!!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polka dots are so much fun! Love the pink button up under that sweater!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about stepping out of our comfort zone and trying different things:)! Love your quilted jacket and polka dot sweater, of course:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are you? I totally have sweater envy - the mint dots are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polka dots! That jacket is fab too! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that jacket!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you "toughened" up the preppy look with that great jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It felt look a good balance to me.

      Delete