|cardigan | old navy, lace dress (worn as top) | thrifted, skirt | thrifted, bubble necklace | easy, skinny belt | walmart|
Yellow's one of my favorite colors and I was so excited when I thrifted this skirt for $3.
Jenna from Wearable. Fun. Fashion. and Angela from Selfless Ambition both sweetly nominated me for a Liebster Award. You can read more below the jump.
11 Facts about me
- I'm multiracial - my mother's half Japanese, half Caucasian and my father's African American and Native American. Lots of boxes to check on applications.
- I have a Starbucks addiction, but hate coffee. Gold card status!
- I'm obsessed with sloths.
- I could not survive without my iPhone.
- I love my Kentucky Wildcats and am still basking in the glow of last year's eighth national title.
- I would eat fro yo every single day if I lived in a warm place.
- I'm going to Europe for two weeks this summer (!!!)
- My prized possession is my electric blanket because I'm always cold.
- I live in riding boots in the winter/fall.
- Hand written note cards are one of my favorite things.
1.) What is one fashion accessory you could not live without?
I was going to say statement necklaces....but I'm going to go with belts - I can't tell you how many times I've loved a shirt, tried it on, hated how baggy it was and then bought it because I knew I could belt it.
2.) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
3.) What age were you when you started loving fashion?
I've always really, really loved clothes, but once I went to college it was more apparent I guess. Going to a huge state school and being in a sorority made me eager to dress to express - despite being associated with large groups, I wanted some sense of individuality.
4.) Do you watch any late-time talk shows? If so, which ones?
Jon Stewart and Jimmy Fallon.
5.) Uggs- fashion DO or DON'T?
Don't - that doesn't mean I don't own a pair, but I don't leave the house in them.
6.) If you could describe your style in 3 words, what would they be?
Comfortable, fun and classic.
7.) What puts the biggest smile on your face?
Shopping, food and watching videos of sloths and/or puppies on youtube.
8.) What is your favorite reality TV show?
I'm a sucker for all things Kardashian.
9.) Who is your biggest role model? Why?
My mom, as cheesy as it sounds. She had a tough childhood and didn't sink into a lot of the problems the way her siblings did. She's very much a rise above-r and is so happy with where she is in life. I hope to be like that at some point.
10.) What do you love most about having a blog?
Being inspired by others and being able to discuss my shopping addiction without being shamed or made to feel shallow.
11.) Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?
Happy, hopefully with a college degree and starting a long term field of work.
Angela's questions for me:
- If you were stranded on a deserted island with 1 person who would you want it to be and why? Definitely my mom because she's one of the people I'm closest to and I know I could tolerate her forever.
- Best memory in the past 12 months: My 80 year old grandfather had a big health scare so finding out he was going to be alright was a highlight for me.
- Fave movie: Hmmm in no order: Easy A, Friends with Benefits, Step Up...not a huge movie person but at the same time I'll watch one when bored.
- Fave candy bar: Take 5
- Biggest influence: Mom again - I get a lot of my personality and insecurities from her and I think in some ways she understands me better than anyone else because of that.
- What is your take on J. Crew? Cute but way overpriced for what it is. I own several pieces both from the retail and factory stores, but I can't justify paying $150 for a pencil skirt (or for that matter $125 for a bubble necklace). Some people swear by the quality but I still think I can go through three gingham button ups from Old Navy and still pay less than I would for ONE at J. Crew.
- If you could have anyone design your home, who would it be and why? I've never thought about this - I know I'd probably want Jonathan Adler involved in my decorating because I love the color and patterns he utilizes.
- If you could be on any reality show, what would it be? Kourtney and Khloe take Miami, because I'm not a fan of Kim, but I love those two.
- Describe your ideal vacation: I'm spending two weeks traveling throughout Europe this summer and I'm so excited!
- Fave song: Slow Dancing in a Burning Room | John Mayer orrrr We All Try | Frank Ocean
- My middle name is Corine.
I think everyone I follow is super amazing and has over 200 followers so I'm not going to nominate anyone (but know that you're all award winners in my heart, really.)