Monday, December 10, 2012

Got your voice in my head

So the soundtrack to last week was this song.

On Sunday, I dropped off my presents for the little girl I adopted through Salvation Army's Angel Tree program and I have to tell you all, I am so, so excited about my finds.  I'm hoping she loves all of her Christmas presents this year.

I am in love with the sequins and metallics that are in right now, especially with the holidays coming up.  I tried on this skirt from Francesca's Collections:

Illuminated Brocade Skirt - $38
I loved it online and even saw it featured on a friend's blog, but wasn't feeling the fit and length when I tried it on.

I was at JcPenney's and found this beauty:

Alyx Brocade Mini Skirt - regularly $25, marked down to $14
The back features an exposed zipper which I love and I'm much more comfortable with the length and fit of this skirt.  I was lucky enough to find it in my size and bought it immediately.  I'm thinking it'll look great with black tights, turtleneck sweaters, chiffon sheer blouses and even paired with a blazer - stay tuned :)

I was actually really impressed with JcPenney - they had a lot of collections that were very cute and reasonably priced and many cute items were marked down in clearance.  Here are some items I'm keeping my eye on:

Sequin Trim Blazer - original $25, now $16
Olsenboye Piped Blazer - original $30, now $20
This blazer is part of the Olsenboye line, designed by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Striped V-Neck Sweater - $13
I was picking up shoes as part of my Angel Tree shopping and they had a buy one pair, get the second for $10 promotion running and so now I'm the proud owner of these:

studded loafers - charlotte russe, not available online
Hope everyone has a great week!
Nicole

stillbeingmolly
Thrifters Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment