Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm just so sick about it

I survived working opening shift of Black Friday...only to catch a cold and then a stomach virus. It's been a long week of visiting urgent care, lounging in sweat pants and online shopping for this girl.

Sadly, online shopping hasn't helped me narrow down a Christmas list but hopefully I sort that out soon.

I led up to Black Friday (or as we call it at Vera, Bright Friday) with corals.

Left:
dalmation cardigan | old navy, knit | kohl's, skinny belt | walmart, chinos | h&m
Right:
cardigan | old navy, dress | ann taylor, thrifted, braided belt | charlotte ruse
Excuse the bathroom pics :) I found this Ann Taylor dress a few months ago, but hadn't had a chance to wear it yet.  It's going to be too cold soon, but it'll be nice to bring back in the spring.

newbies: pavé link bracelet, OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes and essie Butler Please
I am in love with all three of these.  I'd been wanting the classic pavé link bracelet from J. Crew for a couple of months now, but didn't want to pay $125. I'd ordered one off Etsy, but was disappointed once it arrived so I tried another seller and was thrilled. More info on where you can order one later.

The last time I was at the nail salon for a manicure, I picked out Gouda Gouda Two Shoes and loved the gold flecks in the neutral pink tone.  One of my best friends came home to visit and at one point grabbed my hand to inspect before telling me she loved it.

I first fell in love with Butler Please when Cortne previewed Essie's (at the time) upcoming Holiday 2012 colors on her blog.  The color is gorgeous and in my mind the perfect Kentucky blue to show support for my Kentucky Wildcats.  I was so happy when I picked up the last bottle at my local Ulta.  The color goes on semi matte, chipped pretty quickly and I found the formula slightly gloppy, but the color is so vivid that I can look past it.

faves: love ring | charming charlie, essie Butler Please, and pavé crystal studded bracelet | peekaboo deals
My new bracelet was only $25, looks gorgeous and even has the circular J. Crew metal tag on it. If you've been eyeing buying this stunning piece of arm candy, I highly recommend purchasing this or adding it to your Christmas list.

black friday ootd
navy dress | old navy, cardigan | dkny jeans, scarf | vera bradley
The Accent Scarf is without a doubt my favorite of Vera Bradley's winter releases.  I now have it in Canyon (pictured above), English Rose and Provençal and I love the length, color and warmth they provide.  It's been a struggle to not snatch up the other two colors while at work.

sweater and cords | old navy
I featured this sweater in the oatmeal and coral in my last post, but when I saw these in the clearance section I fell in love and bought both colors.  Forewarning for anyone buying online: SIZE DOWN. The shoulders are dropped and the sweater is extremely stretchy - I ended up buying the extra small and it still covers my bottom if I want to pair it with leggings.  Also, the sweater is now marked down on the website but was $17.99 in clearance last month -- I would assume it's possible that it may have been further marked down and significantly cheaper than the web price at your local ON.

necklace | charming charlie's
I haven't worn this necklace nearly enough since purchasing it, mostly due to my struggles with how wide it is...any ideas?


Finally, I leave you with an item off my Christmas list.  Ann Taylor is selling a tote and scarf until the end of December and 60% of the sale price benefits St. Jude's.

elephant print scarf | ann taylor
This scarf would look great over a sweater or chambray shirt and supports a wonderful charity.

xx,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment